DO I QUALIFY?
- All licensed drivers in the household may not have more than 1 moving violation or at-fault accident in the past 3 years. A maximum of 2 per household.
- An operator with a major violation is ineligible for the program.
- Licensed drivers must have at least 10 years driving experience in order to be eligible for coverage. Any member without 10 years driving experience must be excluded from the policy (supplemental form required to be signed by insured and excluded driver (s)).
- Each licensed driver in the household must have a regular use vehicle, which is insured with limits equal to or higher than the limits being applied for on the collectible vehicle. At least one regular use vehicle must be less than 15 years old.
- All licensed members of the household and any other drivers of the vehicle must be listed on the application.
DOES MY VEHICLE QUALIFY?
ACCEPTABLE VEHICLE USAGE
Pleasure driving is encouraged. The occasional work or school commute is acceptable if you choose to purchase our Drive-to-Work* option, otherwise, under the terms of your policy, your classic car is covered when driven for pleasure, exhibitions, club activities, parades and other functions of public interest. Vehicles are not to be used for: School/Work commutes (unless the Drive-to-Work option is included in your policy) Regular personal use Business/commercial use Track, racing or timed events of any kind whether competitive or not A substitute for a regular, personal use vehicle Backup transportation.
VEHICLES ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR
- Work/school commutes
- Regular personal use
- Business/commercial use
- Track, racing or timed events of any kind whether competitive or not
- A substitute for a regular, personal use vehicle
- Backup transportation
- Vehicles must be stored in a fully enclosed, locked garage when not in use.
Vehicles must be stored in a fully enclosed, locked garage when not in use.
The value of any one covered auto may not be less than $5,000 for non-modified vehicles and $10,000 for modified and exotic vehicles. We reserve the right to adjust vehicle values based on established pricing guidelines such as Old Cars Price Guide, NADA or CPI. We generally do not require appraisals, but may ask for one if the vehicle value exceeds $50,000.
Vehicles that are 25 years or older and do not deviate substantially from factory available equipment or accessories for the model year are considered Antique Vehicles. Included in this category are Muscle Cars which are typically high performance, two-door vehicles powered by large V-8 engines and manufactured in the 1960's and 1970's.
Automobiles that are 15 to 24 years old and do not deviate substantially from factory available equipment or accessories for the model year are considered Classic or Modern Classic Vehicles. Vehicles eligible in class will typically have two doors. Four-door cars may be eligible with underwriter approval.
STREET RODS & MODIFIEDS
Street Rods and other Modified Vehicles are vehicles that are 20 years or older and have been moderately to heavily altered either mechanically and/or cosmetically from their original power and structural configurations while still maintaining their original identity. Lower rider cars and trucks may be eligible for this program with underwriter approval.
Exotic Vehicles are less than 15 years old, rare or limited in production, have two seats, may be modified, and are considered to be appreciating in value. Eligible vehicles in this class are treated as collectibles and are primarily used for occasional pleasure driving or functions of public interest such as exhibitions, club activities, and parades. Agreed value is not available for exotics.
Automotive Vehicles from 40’s 50’s 60’s or 70’s characterized by big displacement V-8s, big tires, chrome wheels, dual exhaust, racing stripes or flames, blowers, and speed.
KIT CARS & REPLICAS
Kit Cars and Replicas are vehicles built from purchased packages. Only Kit Cars and Replicars assembled by the manufacturer of the kit or a reputable, experienced assembly shop are eligible. Credentials may be required at the underwriter’s discretion.
Special Interest Vehicles are trucks, jeep type vehicles, fire engines, military vehicles, farm equipment and motorcycles over 25 years old and in show-quality condition. For truck and jeep types, photos of the bed area are mandatory and the vehicle must not reflect any potential of towing, hauling, off-road, or utility use. These vehicle types require underwriter approval.
The following vehicles are ineligible for our Classic Collectors program:
- Vehicles with inoperable chassis or interiors
- Vehicles with chassis or interiors that are weathered, wrecked, and/or stripped
- Vehicles that are stripped or useful only for parts
- Vehicles on which prior damage has been done